Volkswagen I.D. CROZZApril 19, 2017
The Volkswagen I.D. CROZZ concept car, shown at Auto Shanghai 2017, features a 300 mile range and all-wheel drive, and will go into production in 2020.
The four-door Volkswagen I.D. CROZZ is the brand’s first electrically-powered crossover utility vehicle (CUV) – a coupé and sport utility vehicle (SUV) in one.
After the premieres of the I.D. (Paris, 2016) and I.D. BUZZ (Detroit, 2017), the I.D. CROZZ now follows as the third member of the I.D. family – a new generation of zero emission vehicles.
The I.D. CROZZ will have electric all-wheel drive and power of 225 kW, a top speed of 112 mph and can cover up to 300 kilometres (NEDC) on one charge. The battery can be charged to 80% of its energy capacity in 30 minutes using a fast-charging system (at 150 kW DC power).
The concept car switches over to the fully autonomous ‘I.D. Pilot’ mode when the driver touches the VW badge on the steering wheel for three seconds – and then the I.D. CROZZ drives with autopilot.
Volkswagen says it wants to boost annual sales of electric vehicles to one million units by 2025.
The new Volkswagen brand strategy has four areas of innovation:
- Smart Sustainability – Volkswagen is advancing the development of innovative electric car models for high-volume production.
- Intuitive Usability – Volkswagen focuses on cars that are intuitive to operate and feature new display and control concepts.
- Connected Community – Volkswagen will in future interconnect humans, cars and the environment via a Volkswagen User-ID.
- Automated Driving – Volkswagen will make cars even safer and more comfortable by automated driving.
OTHER GREEN CAR GUIDE VOLKSWAGEN REVIEWS >>
- Volkswagen e-Golf
- Volkswagen e-Up!
- Volkswagen Golf BlueMotion
- Volkswagen Golf GTD
- Volkswagen Golf GTE
- Volkswagen Golf S 1.6-litre TDI 105 PS
- Volkswagen Passat BlueMotion
- Volkswagen Passat GTE
- Volkswagen Polo 1-litre
- Volkswagen Polo BlueMotion
- Volkswagen Polo BlueMotion 1.0-litre 95PS
- Volkswagen Scirocco GT TDI 170
- Volkswagen Tiguan
- Volkswagen Touran 1.6 litre S TDI BlueMotion
- Volkswagen Up!