Momenta, part of AEA Technology plc, has been contracted by Motorsport Development UK to encourage and support the world-renowned, multi-billion pound UK motorsport industry to become more energy efficient.
Motorsport Development UK, established by the DTI and a number of Regional Development Agencies to champion the cause of this important sector, has awarded Momenta the contract to manage and to deliver the Energy Efficient Motorsport (EEMS) programme through to 2009.
Martin Fellows, Head of Motorsport Development UK said:
“Motorsport Development UK is delighted to have Momenta on board. Their expertise in the management and delivery of programmes will be invaluable in building on the success of EEMS to date. Their appointment heralds an even greater drive to demonstrate the important role the UK’s world leading motorsport industry can play in developing and promoting new technologies for the future of road transport.”
Andy Gilchrist, Business Development Director of Momenta said:
“The UK has a long heritage of being a global leader in motorsport from the development of world beating Formula One Grand Prix teams to world-class rally cars. This exciting programme gives us the opportunity to support the UK motorsport sector to meet the challenge of energy efficiency and alongside all its other significant achievements to become the world centre for alternative and efficient fuels and set new global standards.”
The Energy Efficient Motorsport programme will aim to:
• Influence regulations for motorsport events that will encourage teams to develop new and alternative technologies
• Encourage the use of different fuels and engine technologies racing competitively in the same championship within the UK
• Showcase the technical and engineering expertise within UK motorsport on alternative fuels, hybrid technology, low weight materials and efficient design
• Develop working relationships with automotive industry organisations and motorsport governing bodies in order to promote the EEMS concept
• Manage the communication and marketing of the EEMS concept
Momenta is a specialist in turning public policy into practice by offering a range of programme management services, including research management, knowledge transfer, best practice, fund management and behaviour change programmes. Its programmes reach businesses, public sector organisations, the third sector, stakeholders and the general public.