Independent, Expert EV Reviews & Advice Since 2006

New all-electric Renault ZOE to come with free domestic charging point

Renault ZOE free domestic charging point

Renault ZOE free domestic charging point

Renault will offer customers of its new all-electric ZOE a free domestic charging point .

The free Single Wall-box, supplied and installed by Renault’s preferred electric vehicle charging partner, British Gas , is available both to new customers, as well as those who’ve already pre-ordered a ZOE.

This offer makes the most of the recently announced 75% support on domestic Wall-box installations as part of the government’s £37m grant funding to increase the take-up of electric vehicles, with Renault contributing the remaining 25%. The ground-breaking offer will save a typical customer up to £500 and make the 100% pure electric Renault even more affordable and easy to run.

Customers already save up to £5,000 on the price of their electric car from the government’s Plug-In Grant . In the case of the ZOE, this brings the car’s on-the-road price (£13,650 to £14,750 depending on trim level) down to an equivalent diesel supermini and becomes yet another incentive to make the switch to electric.

British Gas can install a 32 amp (7kW) ZE ready Single Wall-box with all new and pre-ordered purchases, and have it fully operational ready for owners to be up and running well in advance of charging the ZOE at home for the first time .

At the point when the ZOE customer order is submitted British Gas will contact the customer to arrange a convenient time for a home survey and installation, approximately one month before delivery of the car. If, however, the customer decides to opt out from the Renault offer at this stage they can organise their own installation. Providing they select an alternative unit from the Government’s list of accredited suppliers they will benefit from 75% funding of the total cost (up to a maximum of £1000) and be responsible for paying the balance themselves.

Renault believes that around 90% of charging will take place at home , with the ZOE’s battery able to be charged from completely flat to fully charged in just three and a half hours with the Single Wall-box. As an added ‘green’ bonus, the ‘data-enabled’ type 2 Wall-box also allows customers to see how much energy the car is using and the comparable emissions savings they are making via the online app. The ZOE can also be fast charged to 80% of its capacity in just 30 minutes using public Rapid-Charger 43kW power sources.

The Single Wall-box can be installed at any UK residential address with a GPRS signal. It also has an attached lead, meaning that drivers don’t have to delve into the boot at night to find the cable to plug in. Also included in the package is free access to a public charging network across the UK.

Read our
Renault ZOE review

Watch our
Electric Car Guide video