New LowCVP website launchedOctober 14, 2013
The Low Carbon Vehicle Partnership (LowCVP) , which was established over ten years ago to accelerate the shift to low carbon vehicles and fuels, has launched its new website with many upgraded features for members and improved functionality and access for all.
The Low Carbon Vehicle Partnership website ( lowcvp.org.uk ) contains a major library of information with nearly 2,000 news stories and over 3,000 reports, presentations and resources, charting progress in tackling climate change in the road transport sector over the last decade.
With a wealth of updated content, the new website provides easier access to the LowCVP’s vast store of information and introduces a range of new features including:
- Enhanced and easy-to-navigate LowCVP members’ area
- New ‘Projects’ section providing details of LowCVP activities currently under way
- More multimedia content including video commentaries from leading stakeholders, recorded webinars and other video resources from the LowCVP’s YouTube channel
- Greater integration with social media including Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
- LowCVP Twitter feed provides live, up-to-the-minute information on the latest policy, industry, technical and other developments
- Information tailored to the preferences of logged-in members
- Improved search functionality powered by Google
- Refreshed design and branding including an updated logo
- Greater visibility for members including display of logos and profiles
- Project sites are incorporated into the main design with better access, content and visibility
- Members map enabling members and others to make connections in their locality
The new website is built with responsive design functionality which means that whatever platform – pc, laptop, smartphone or tablet – the site is viewed through, it will appear in an optimised, easy-to-read and use format.
In addition to the new website, the LowCVP is working on other initiatives designed to enhance the experience and value of being a member of the Low Carbon Vehicle Partnership.
Managing Director, Andy Eastlake, said: “The new website will provide our members with a more effective and easy-to-use area for networking, information-gathering and planning for Partnership meetings as well as providing more opportunities for them to showcase their products and ideas.”
“It will also give visitors to the website more of an insight into what the LowCVP is working on at a project level. This is the first of several initiatives we are taking to enhance the stakeholder experience. We hope and believe that this will encourage more of them to join us in helping to accelerate the shift to low carbon vehicles and create opportunities for low carbon business in the UK.”
The website features links to a new on-line Low Carbon Automotive Directory (LCAD) ( www.lowcdirectory.lowcvp.org.uk ). LCAD – hosted by the LowCVP on behalf of BIS and UKTI – is a comprehensive resource designed to link businesses and other key stakeholders in the low carbon automotive arena.