Volkswagen XL Sport ConceptOctober 8, 2014
The Volkswagen XL Sport Concept features the world’s most powerful two-cylinder engine – a V2 from a Ducati – resulting in a top speed of almost 170mph.
At the rear of the lightweight XL Sport sits the V2 engine adapted from the new Ducati 1199 Superleggera, the world’s most powerful two-cylinder motorcycle. Like the XL1, of which only 250 units will be built, the Superleggera is also being manufactured in a limited edition (500 units).
Here are the key points that you need to know about the XL Sport:
- The XL Sport was developed on the basis of the XL1.
- The vehicle is propelled by the world’s most powerful two-cylinder engine.
- The Ducati V2 engine generates 147 kW / 200 PS.
- Aerodynamics of the XL Sport are better than those of any other sports car.
- XL Sport’s 200 PS sufficient to achieve a record 167mph (270 km/h).
- The Ducati Superleggera V2 engine revs all the way to 11,000 rpm.
- The high-tech engine features titanium connecting rods and magnesium alloys.
Read our Volkswagen Reviews >>