Businesses to Showcase EV Charge Point InnovationsJune 20, 2018
Ten businesses leading the Electric Vehicle (EV) transition globally will gather in Nottingham on the 28th June to showcase new charge point technology innovations that will improve the driver experience and accelerate the delivery of charging infrastructure across the UK.
The event will feature presentations from:
- Bookmycharge – “the Airbnb of EV charging” – a community-based, peer-to-peer EV charge point service
- Plugsurfing who have developed a platform connecting EV users to 60,000 chargers across Europe’s largest networks
- Open Energi who have developed one of the world’s first projects integrating battery storage with EV charge points on the outskirts of London
- Urban Electric who will present the world’s first ‘pop-up’ charge point for residential on-street charging currently being piloted in Oxford
- Fastned who will outline details of its 350kW rapid charge point network in the Netherlands and its plans for the UK.
Other presentations will consider “The Fuel Station of the Future” and business model lessons for the UK from Scandinavia in delivering large scale EV charge point installations.
Research by the Department of Transport found access to charge points was cited as the number one factor preventing drivers from switching to EVs, therefore new charge point technologies and business model innovations are critical to accelerate the UK’s EV revolution.
The event has been organised by LEVEL which runs conferences, training workshops and online learning in electric vehicle topics.
Neil Horsley, LEVEL Project Director, says: “The conference will provide a unique industry showcase with presentations from 10 leading businesses at the forefront of EV charging infrastructure development. The businesses featured are pioneering unique hardware and software innovations – it’s a must-attend event for anyone interested in the future of electric vehicle charging”.
Dagoberto Cedillos, Strategy and Innovation Lead at Open Energi, commented: “EV uptake is accelerating fast and it’s vital the pace of infrastructure development keeps up. Technology innovators are stepping up to the challenge as the exciting line up of companies at this event demonstrates, and we’re delighted to be participating.”
The Electric Vehicle Charging Innovations conference takes place on Thursday 28thJune at the Council House, Old Market Square, Nottingham.
Pre-booking is required. Register here
All the presentations at the conference are:
- Plugsurfing – Lessons from connecting EV users to 60,000 chargers across Europe’s largest networks.
- Bookmycharge – Creating a community-based, peer-to-peer EV charge point service.
- Urban Electric – The world’s first ‘pop-up’ charge point for residential on-street charging. An Innovate UK funded Oxford pilot project.
- OvoEnergy – The UK’s first commercially available vehicle to grid (V2G) home charger.
- Open Energi – Battery storage integration with EV charge points – ‘A blueprint for global EV charging infrastructure’. South Mimms Service Station case study.
- Hewitt Studios – The fuel Station of the future; modular hub charging station design.
- Fasned – Building a European network of 350kw EV rapid charging stations and what this means for the UK.
- Parking Energy Ltd – ‘Scalability’ – lessons from Scandinavia for the UK in delivering large scale EV charge point solutions – technical innovations and business models.
- Bender UK – Developing a next generation charge station controller.
- Swarco – On-street and hub innovations in Electric Vehicle charging.