PEUGEOT will unveil the all-new PEUGEOT 208 at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show, with a choice of petrol, diesel and electric (EV) powertrains set to be available from launch. The zero-emission PEUGEOT e-208 is the first in a series of 100% electric models, as PEUGEOT prepares to electrify its entire range by 2023.
ALL-NEW PEUGEOT e-208
With a 100kW electric motor and a 50kWh battery producing a range of up to 211 miles according to WLTP procedures, the all-new 100% electric PEUGEOT e-208 comes with three driving modes: Eco, to optimise range, Normal, optimising comfort, and Sport, allowing the driver to prioritise performance. The battery is covered by an 8 year, 100,000 mile manufacturer warranty.
Located under the floor plan of the all-new PEUGEOT 208, the 220L battery is positioned to allow maximum interior space and boot space to be maintained, matching the capacities of the petrol and diesel versions.
Three charging methods are available for the all-new PEUGEOT e-208:
• Charging from a domestic plug: The e-208 charges using a standard domestic plug in 20+ hours for a complete charge
• Accelerated charge at home: The e-208 can be charged more quickly and safely from a dedicated charging point which takes approximately 8 hours for a full charge. Government subsidies in the UK are available to support this
• Rapid recharging at a public terminal: 80% of the vehicle charge can be obtained in 30 minutes** from a 100kW charging station. Rapid chargers can be found at most motorway service stations and are being progressively installed across the UK
Alongside the options to charge through these conventional means, the all-new PEUGEOT e-208 allows drivers to remotely activate the charging of their car via the Connected 3D Navigation colour touchscreen or by using the MyPeugeot smartphone app.
The MyPeugeot smartphone app can also be used to pre-programme the car’s heating, air conditioning and windscreen defrosting. In-car heating has also been improved thanks to:
• High-power heater (5 kW) powered by the HV battery
• Heat pump and automatic temperature control in the passenger compartment. Vehicle range is preserved due to improved power efficiency compared to conventional climate control
• Heated seats (according to version)
PEUGEOT’S EV SERVICES
Supporting motorists looking to make the transition towards electric, PEUGEOT will be launching new services to coincide with the arrival of the all-new PEUGEOT e-208. PEUGEOT’s new electric-focussed services include:
• A range of at-home or office charging solutions with a broad choice of equipment (heavy-duty socket, Wallbox, Smart Wallbox, etc.), a diagnostic service to assess the electric installation and plan for a better charging solution and final installation
• Public charge offering via Free2Move Services, including a charge pass giving access to public charging points across Europe: drivers are able to pre-select terminals according to distance, speed and price of recharging.
• Trip planner: a trip planning and organisational tool for long journeys via Free2Move Services; proposal of the best routes taking into account the location of charging stations on the route, sent to the in-car Connected 3D Navigation
• Mobility Pass: extended mobility by means of a pass for a rental internal combustion engine when needed
• E-coaching: a tool in the MyPeugeot app that allows drivers to receive advice on how to optimise their driving and the range of all-new e-208
Serenity: aiming to reassure drivers in their EV discovery process and let them enjoy their car in complete peace of mind:
• New digital journey simulators to promote discovery and viability of the electric driving on the PEUGEOT website
• Special service contracts and roadside assistance, which may be included in a single finance package
• Battery capacity certificate to facilitate vehicle resale with a guarantee of the vehicle’s battery charge capacity
ALL-NEW PEUGEOT 208 PETROL & DIESEL MODELS
PEUGEOT’s new 208 petrol and diesel models have also been developed to limit CO2 emissions. Built on the latest generation platform, the all-new PEUGEOT 208 is 30kg lighter than the previous model and comes with improved aerodynamics, reduced roll resistance and optimised powertrains. The all-new PEUGEOT 208 comes fitted with Euro6d petrol engines and Euro6d diesel engines meeting the latest EU emissions standards.
Full engine range available for the all-new PEUGEOT 208 petrol & diesel models include:
Petrol, 3-cylinder, 1.2L engines:
• PureTech 75 S&S 5-speed manual
• PureTech 100 S&S 6-speed manual or 8 speed automatic
• PureTech 130 S&S 8 speed automatic
Diesel, 4-cylinder, 1.5L engine:
• BlueHDi 100 S&S 6-speed manual
The all-new PEUGEOT 208 will be unveiled at the 2019 Geneva International Motor Show, with an online reservation site opening at the end of March, and opening for orders late summer 2019.