The all-electric PEUGEOT e-2008 SUV will be launched in 2020 and will feature a 193 mile electric range.
The all-new PEUGEOT 2008 SUV will be available with a choice of 100% electric, petrol or diesel powertrains, as well as featuring PEUGEOT’s latest 3D i-Cockpit with hologram technology and head-up display.
The e-2008 SUV is powered by a 100kW (136bhp) electric motor and 50kWh battery. Under WLTP testing, the 100% electric zero-emission SUV achieves 193 miles of range.
Capable of supporting 100kW rapid charging technology, an 80% charge will take just 30 minutes, while a full charge using conventional 7.4kW and 11kW fast chargers will take between eight hours and five hours.
With the MyPeugeot app, owners will be able to pre-set the charging times, heating and air conditioning on their all-new e-2008 SUV, as well as check its current charge level remotely.
The e-2008 SUV will feature two forms of energy recovery. Selecting Drive “D” recovery from the drive selector will feel similar to driving a standard diesel or petrol model, while Brake “B” provides more regenerative braking when lifting off the accelerator.
PEUGEOT will be launching new services to coincide with the arrival of the PEUGEOT e-2008 SUV. PEUGEOT’s new electric focussed service includes:
• A range of home or office charging solutions with a broad choice of equipment (heavy-duty socket, Wallbox, Smart Wallbox, etc.), a diagnostic service to assess the electric installation and plan for a better charging solution and final installation
• Public charge offering via Free2Move Services, including a charge pass giving access to public charging points across Europe: drivers are able to pre-select terminals according to distance, speed and price of recharging.
• Trip planner: a trip planning and organisational tool for long journeys via Free2Move Services; proposal of the best routes taking into account the location of charging stations on the route, sent to the in-car Connected 3D Navigation
• Mobility Pass: extended mobility by means of a pass for a rental internal combustion engine when needed
• E-coaching: a tool in the MyPeugeot app that allows drivers to receive advice on how to optimise their driving and the range of the all-new PEUGEOT e-2008 SUV
The e-2008 SUV is the second 100% electric vehicle from PEUGEOT, following from the all-new e-208 announced earlier this year. PEUGEOT has pledged that by 2023, its entire model line-up will feature an electrified version.
The all-new PEUGEOT 2008 SUV features the latest Euro 6d petrol and diesel engines. There will be one diesel and three petrol engines to choose from, based on PEUGEOT’s three-cylinder 1.2 PureTech petrol engine and the four-cylinder 1.5 BlueHDi diesel.
The PEUGEOT 2008 SUV and e-2008 SUV will be available in Active, Allure, GT Line and GT trim levels.