The Zemo Partnership Annual Conference 2021 will be held online on Tuesday 20 July 2021 from 11am-4pm and will discuss where the UK government transport decarbonisation plan is taking us. The Conference is the first since the transition from the LowCVP.
Following last year’s successful event, the Zemo Partnership will use the latest in digital conferencing technology to maximise the opportunities for interactivity, information sharing and networking.
This year, the Zemo Partnership’s annual conference is held in association with Net Zero Week taking place between 17-23 July. Net Zero Week is a government and industry-backed national awareness week; a focal point for generating awareness and much needed momentum for businesses and consumers.
Following the UK Government’s 2030/5 petrol/diesel phase-out announcement, the ratcheting up of 2035 greenhouse gas emissions reduction targets and the publication of the long-awaited transport decarbonisation plan, the conference will examine whether the plan includes actions that will enable us to deliver the medium and long-term targets and what this transition will mean for road users and other stakeholders. Contributors will be invited to offer ideas on the challenges to the successful delivery of the plan and actionable proposals for removing barriers to their achievement.
• Can the transport decarbonisation plan set the UK on a trajectory to zero transport emissions?
• What are the key barriers to achievement of the plan’s provisions and how can these be removed?
• What do the transport changes to come mean for individuals and groups of road users?
• What are the likely solutions to the challenges (hear from some leading proponents)?
• What will Zemo Partnership be doing to accelerate progress?
Editor-in-Chief, Business Green (Host)
Rachel Maclean MP
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Transport (confirmed)
Dr Bob Moran
Deputy Director, Head of Environment Strategy, Dept for Transport
Sir Dieter Helm CBE
Professor, Economic Policy, Oxford Univ (Author of ‘Net Zero: How we stop causing climate change’)
Director of Development, Mobility, Arrival
Co-founder and Chief Technology Officer, Zap-Map
Chair, Zemo Partnership
Prof Jillian Anable
Chair in Transport & Energy, Inst of Transport Studies, University of Leeds
Founder & CEO, Greener Transport Solutions
Director, City Engagement, Ford Mobility
Chief Executive, Mobilityways, part of the Liftshare Group
Managing Director, Zemo Partnership
Brand Owner & Editorial Director, Transport + Energy
Programme Manager, Coventry City Council (All-electric bus city)
Chief Vehicle Officer, Gridserve
Head of Business Development, Trojan Energy
Chief Executive, Octopus Electric Vehicles
Chief Operating Officer, Green Biofuels Ltd
UK Country Manager, Via
Head of Local Delivery, Office for Zero Emission Vehicles (OZEV)
Head of Mobility Innovation, Local Policy and Partnerships Europe, Enterprise Holdings
Chief Executive, Co-Charger
Dundee City Council
Founder and Chief Executive, EAV
Director, EVA England
Plus an array of stakeholder contributors…
We want to hear your views about the challenges and opportunities arising from the zero-emission revolution in road transport.
We’re looking for short (around 30 seconds) video clips.
NB Deadline extended to Tuesday July 13.
Just a few questions about what the zero emission revolution in transport means for you…
• Leading speakers & government keynote
• Highly topical themes
• Interactive debates, polls and (pre/post-event) surveys
• Digital & video content
• Sponsorship opportunities & exhibition (Platform to enable greater sponsor exposure)
• Facilitated digital networking (meet key business partners); one-to-one discussion capability.
• Parallel, facilitated break-out sessions (Addressing key themes by category of road user.)
• Real time Twitter/social media integration easily accessible to delegates
• Event fully recorded and accessible after the day, allowing subsequent input and discussion development.
• Sponsorship and Exhibition Opportunities
• Sponsorship and Exhibition Information Pack